Click the Link below to view the PDF
NOTICE! U.S. EPA-Industry mandated label changes to dicamba products Engenia, FeXapan, and XtendiMax are now effective for the 2019 growing season.
Engenia, FeXapan, XtendiMax
- As mandated by federal labels, one must hold a private or commercial pesticide applicator license to purchase and use these restricted use herbicides. Use is limited to ONLY those persons holding a private or commercial applicator certification.* It is no longer permissible for non-certified applicators to apply these products under the direct supervision of the certified applicator.
- Prior to applying these products in 2019, ALL applicators must be trained according to the federal labels. In Georgia, applicators must complete the 2019 Using Pesticides Wisely classroom training. If you attended this training in 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018, you must re-take the training in 2019.
- Industry applicator trainings are encouraged and beneficial; however, they will not fulfill Georgia’s requirement for auxin training.
- Each label requires certified applicators to document application information. Forms have been designed to help with this challenge and can be found at your local UGA Extension office, from the herbicide registrant, or at http://agr.georgia.gov/24c.aspx
Enlist Duo or Enlist One
- All persons in charge of in-crop applications (planting through harvest) of Enlist Duo or Enlist One in Enlist cotton or soybean must complete the Using Pesticides Wisely classroom training. If you attended this training in 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018, you must re-take the training in 2019.
*For those seeking certification as a private pesticide applicator:
Initial certification to become a certified private pesticide applicator requires the completion of an interactive, online Private Applicator training program administered by University of Georgia Extension (http://extension.uga.edu/programs-services/pesticide-safety-education/private-applicators.html). The online training and testing requires a total time commitment of approximately 4-5 hours and a $25 fee. Applicants MUST be able to read and understand a label. Application of auxin herbicides carries certain inherent risks associated with off-target movement. Anyone applying them should be well-trained, have a clear understanding of the potential for off-site damage, and be able to make complex decisions on when and where these products should be applied. Applicants and their employers should carefully consider who is capable of applying these products safely before beginning the certification process.
USING PESTICIDES WISELY TRAINING DATES/TIMES/LOCATIONS WILL BE PROVIDED IN MID-JANUARY 2019
A customer from South Carolina shared some pictures with us displaying his beautiful wildlife plot planted with our Fall Buck Brunch Blend.
From Keith, “This is a 7 acre field I planted in Givhans, SC. After two planting’s of soybeans last summer I disked and dragged the field, let it sit for 10 days until the sicklepod came up then dragged it again. I spread this seed mix on the bare dirt the day before the last hurricane and left it. I have never had a seed mix grow like this. The leaves on the radishes are 18” long.”
Keith also made note that no fertilizer or herbicide has been used in this field.
We sure appreciate Keith sharing his story and pictures with us, and hope him and his family are able to harvest some nice deer over this plot.
AGSouth Genetics now has a new website up and running.
Take a moment to check it out and look around.
You can find the new website at https://agsouthgenetics.com/
AGS 2024: #1 at Blackville, SC 2018 OVT @ 149.3 bu/acre, #1* Tifton GA 2018 OVT @ 115.9 bu/acre, #1 Statewide South Carolina SC 2018 OVT @ 119.4 bu/acre,. Awned, Early medium maturing, and Heavy Test Weight*. Resistant to Stripe Rust, SBMV, Leaf Rust, and Powdery Mildew. MR to glume blotch, Hessian Fly, and BYD.
AGS 2038: #9* Statewide South Carolina @ 106.5 bu/acre, 126.7 bu/acre at Blackville SC 2018 OVT, , Awned, Medium-Late maturing, and Heavy Test Weight*. Resistant to stripe and leaf rust, Powdery Mildew, and SBMV. MR to Hessian fly, glume blotch, and BYD.
AGS 2035: 121.5 bu/acre at Blackville SC 2018 OVT Awned, Medium maturing, and Heavy Test Weight*. Resistant to stripe rust, leaf rust, and SBMV, MR to glume blotch, Hessian fly, Powdery Mildew, and BYD..
Pioneer 26R94: #7* at Tifton Georgia 2018 OVT @102.6 bu./acre. 118.0 bu./acre Blackville SC 2018 OVT Awned, Medium-Early maturing, and Good Test Weight*. Resistant to Hessian fly, stripe rust and mildew. Great Pioneer wheat for the SOUTH.
Pioneer 26R41: 109.6 bu./acre Blackville SC 2018 OVT, 113.8 bu./acre Plains, Ga 2018 OVT. Awned, Medium maturing, and Good Test Weight*. Resistant to Hessian Fly, stripe rust and mildew. Plant first, great for Perry, Ga. North.
AGS 3000: #1 at Plains, Georgia 2018 OVT late planted @111.8 bu./acre #10* at Tifton GA 2018 OVT @ 99.2 bu./acre . MR to FHB (scab). Awned, VERY EARLY (Treat like Fleming. Plant late, Harvest first), and Heavy Test Weight*Resistant to Stripe Rust, SBMV, and Leaf Rust. MR to glume blotch, Powdery Mildew, BYD
AGS 3030: 124.6 bu/acre at Blackville SC 2018 OVT, 111.1 bu/acre Plains GA 2018 OVT, #4 at Plains, Georgia 2018 OVT late planted @ 109.2 bu./acre. MR to FHB (scab). Awnletted, EARLY ( Plant late, Harvest early) Resistant to Stripe Rust, SBMV, and Leaf Rust. MR to glume blotch, Powdery Mildew, BYD, good Test Weight.
AGS 3040: 112.2 bu./acre at Plains GA 2018 OVT, 104.4 bu./acre at Midville GA 2018 OVT MR to FHB (scab). Awnletted, med/late maturity, Resistant to Stripe Rust, SBMV, and Leaf Rust. MR to glume blotch, Powdery Mildew, BYD, Good Test Weight*
Call Lane 800-543-4164, Lane or Blake 229-734-5466, or Jimmy 229-881-2700 for more info.
*Information from: State Small Grain OVT Performance test 2017-2018.
- Medium Maturity
- Excellent Forage Yield
- Excellent Grain Yield
- Excellent Test Weight
- Excellent Lodging Resistance
- Resistant to Stem Rust and Moderate Resistance to Crown Rust
- Large, Dark Green Leaves
- Early Maturity
- Excellent Forage Yield, especially for early fall forage production
- Very Good Grain Yield
- Very Good Test Weight
- Excellent Resistance to Crown Rust and BYD
- Moderate Resistance to Stem Rust
- Large, Light Green Leaves